Remember we wrote about companies offering drone insurance and other drone packages. Well DJI also created sort of a drone insurance system, somewhat like an Apple Care for Drones.
If you are an owner of DJI drones, well don’t be scared of pushing your drone to the limit, sort of. DJI’s Care offers insurance for drone repairs, exclusive for DJI customers only. It is a basic insurance to reimburse you for your drone repairs but enough to lure DJI customers especially those who are using their drones in hazard way in signing up.
The DJI Care Protection Plan covers damages incurred during normal use whether its gimbal or camera, repair fees and cost related to it is covered by the program, unlimited repair till the it reaches the coverage amount you signed up for. DJI covers damages due to dropping, squeezing, crashing or accidents due to pilot error.
Currently it is only offered to Inspire 1 V2.0 and X3 Gimbal cameras and Phantom Series, but according to DJI they willl expand the portfolio in the near future. Its a good start by DJI, but I think they should expand the list of drones fast, and the drone covered. So far it is only available in U.S, parts of Europe and China.
If you are interested in purchasing one, you can get the DJI Care Service Plan in the DJI online store, you can also use DJI Care activation codes purchased from a local dealer.
DJI Care Coverage Plan
Plan $99 – 6 months covered
Plan 699 – 1 Year covered
Damages due to the following reasons are not covered by DJI Care:
1) Lost or partially lost aircraft and accessories.
2) Stolen or abandoned aircraft and accessories.
3) Damage caused by flight under unsuitable flight conditions.
4) Any repair fees resulting from or following water damage.
5) Repair fees for battery, propellers, remote controller or other accessories.
6) Deliberate losses.
7) Abrasions and shell damage that do not affect the performance of the aircraft.
8) Direct or indirect losses caused by force majeure.
9) Repair requests for damage incurred outside the period of validity.
10) Indirect loss and/or anticipated profit in any form.
11) Extra fees resulting from technical enhancements or performance improvements.
12) Personal injury and/or property loss to the customer or any other people caused by the aircraft.
13) Any legal fees related to DJI Care’s warranty coverage.